Saturday 17 December 2011

Unicorns and Glitter!!!!

Just a peek at my piggies this time, I' have painted them glittery for the festive season! Now I love glitter EVERYWHERE, when I go out I am always covered in glitter, on my eyes, on my body, my hair everything, but I hate glitter nail polish because it is a nightmare to remove and you end up making a big mess. However, on my toes I don't mind because I don't change that polish as often as I do my fingers, only after it is a complete wreck, especially in the winter. I created this look with inspiration from the glittery wrapping paper in the background of the pic (I got this from John Lewis and I am going to put it up in my kitchen at uni) and I used  Models Own in Champagne nail polish as the main colour, and then whilst wet I pressed into it a silver cosmetic glitter, I didn't use a glitter top coat because I find that with my toes if they are really thick with nail polish they chip more easily. Finished with two coats of top coat and you're done.
 ADDED TOUCH: I added the Unicorn as an afterthought because I luuuurrrrrve unicorns, this was painted on with a very fine artist brush and black nail polish. But you can add to this whatever you like, the silhouette works really well against the glitter. You should do this after the topcoat, although add another topcoat to finish as well.
 
Difficulty:2/10 (no Unicorn) 6/10 (With Unicorn)

No comments:

Post a Comment