Sunday 11 December 2011

Nails of the Week- Glitter Attack

This week I have been getting into the festive season with glittery sliver and black nails. Okay they don't exactly look Christmassy but there is glitter and I just really love the way it looks like glitter is dripping from my nails as if I just tore into a Unicorn with my bare hands. I cannot take credit for this design though, I saw it on the Illamasqua website as part of their Christmas Gifts section. The Illamasqua colours were Harsh and Boosh Festive Nail Duo but I knew that I had similar colours and I re-created the look with Barry M NP47(Black), although any black will do, Models Own in Champagne as the silvery colour (this colour looks gold in the bottle but comes out more silver) and then I just pressed a silver glitter top coat into it (there are tonnes of these around especially this season) and then two coats of top coat.
This is the Illamasqua Version, it looks great with really round almost pointed nails.

This is my version of the look, as you can see my nails are really short at the moment so the roundness is kinda lost on my nails but the two layers actually make nails look longer. 
VARIATION:I have tried this with various colours, my fave was when I did red glitter with black and my 60+ Spanish lecturer, Luis was proper impressed with them! But that looked a bit gory though, go wild use any combinations you like, go subtle with the same shades in matte and glitter, or wild with clashing colours!
DIFFICULTY: 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment