Monday 2 January 2012

Nails of the Week- Puuuuuurfect Print!

These are my all time most favourite nail art and most requested when I do my friends nails, it is surprisingly easy but most people are really impressed with them and I get loads of comments too. So many people think that they are nail wraps but they're not...! I actually don't really like nail wraps because I can never put them on without creasing and then they are unconfortable. Anyways it is easy and much cheaper to do it yourself.



1. Paint your nails with a base coat and then two coats of whatever you want the background colour to be, I chose a Bright red (the colour of the pic is not very true to life, they are really much deeper and more of an orange toned red)
2. Draw blobs of various roundish shapes onto your nails. The sizes may vary and depending on the length of your nails you may get between 4-10 blobs on there, just make sure there is a good space all around and between them because they will need to be outlined.
 NB the colour combinations in this look are endless, this was the first time that I used these colours, I usually do a pale nude base coat with a coral spot, but I always do a black outline, however, I have done mint green and purple together,different shades of blue, yellow and pink and the more realistic browns and creams of a real leopard. Go wild with it!
3. With a very fine artist brush or a cocktail stick start to do the black squiggles, it helps to look at real print to get the right idea. I tend to do lines all around the pink blob, leaving gaps at random intervals and varying the thickness of the lines at different points too (It sounds difficult but keep practising and you will know what I'm talking about). Also if you have any large gaps between the spots I like to do black squiggles there to to fill up any empty spaces.
4. Top Coat.

Difficulty:6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment